In order to keep my sights focused on making the most of summer (and not letting it slip too quickly through my fingers as a result of getting caught-up in meaningless business), I’ve compiled a list of things to do between now and September.
Just about all of them would be improved with good company, so please consider this an open call for partners-in-crime. Want to join me? Send me a note/email (or comment on this post), and let’s go!
In no particular order…
- go sailing on Lake Ontario (nb)
- revise my MRP; submit it to conferences/publications
- build something
- visit Casa Loma (sc)
- visit Fort York
- go to a concert (crowdsurf?) (nb)
- bungee jump (ef)
- canoe/camp/portage in Algonquin Park (ch + mb)
- visit NYC
- ride a streetcar from one end of the line to the other; buy a snack/coffee at either end (tp + sc)
- get dirty. really, really dirty.
- have a picnic in Trinity Bellwoods park (nc)
- stargaze from Riverdale park (nb)
- read 5 books from cover to cover
- take 50 terrific photos
- practice random acts of cheer
fly a kite (bonus points if it’s handmade)(ch + mb) ( nb)
- hike/walk dogs in the Don Valley (ch + mb)
- write 5 pen pal letters
- send 5 parcels to strangers
- paint something
- learn a new skill
- take the GRE
- sew something (ch)
- get rid of at least 5 boxes of clutter/things i don’t need
- teach someone something new
- go on an open-ended (no predetermined destination) road trip
- visit Toronto Island (rent a bike & explore Centreville) (nb)
- learn basic phrases in Hebrew
- become better at apologizing. and admitting when i’m in the wrong.
- check out Doors Open Toronto (sc)
(parathetical initials are for potential accomplices)
I’m sure this list will grow as the summer progresses. I mean, I really hope it does.
Summer 2013, you’re going to be awesome!